PATA Christmas Lunch 2016
PATA UK Chapter hosted their fantastic annual Christmas Lunch last Thursday in the Grand Connaught Rooms, London. Over 170 industry professional joined together to celebrate the end of the year with their friends and colleagues. Christmas lunch, mice pies, drinks, carol singing and a charity auction made for a fun and festive atmosphere and the afternoon was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
PATA UK dedicated this year’s Christmas Lunch to help raise money for Crisis, the national charity for homeless people. Guest speaker Mayaz Rahman, Head of Corporate Partnerships at Crisis, was invited along to give an inspiring talk on the work Crisis do to reduce homelessness across the UK. With collection buckets and an auctions the event managed to raise and impressive £2,000.
A special thanks also goes to our incredible sponsors who donated some fantastic auction items! We would like to extend our gratitude to:
- Qantas Airways for sponsoring two return flights from London to Dubai
- The Hotel Group for sponsoring 5 nights at one of their luxury properties in the Whitsundays
- Cruise Whitsundays for sponsoring a 1-day cruises to the Great Barrier Reef
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts for sponsoring two nights at Shangri-La’sTanjung Aru Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu, Borneo
- Destination NSW, Visit Victoria, Tourism Northern Territory and South Australia Tourism Commission for sponsoring a case of premium Australian wine and a coffee table book
- Tourism New Zealand for sponsoring a case of premium New Zealand wine
- THL for sponsoring a case of premium Australian wine
- Tourism Fiji for sponsoring a rugby ball signed by the Olympic Gold Medal winning Fijian Rugby Sevens Team
- Air China for sponsoring an Air China goody-bag, including a model aircraft, a power bank and a wash bag
We would like to thank everyone who donated to this great cause, both PATA and Crisis massively appreciate your generosity!
At Christmas, Crisis opens centres which provide warmth, comfort and companionship to thousands of homeless people. For just £22.32, you can reserve a place for one person at Crisis at Christmas. Please click here to make a donation.